Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-day on the fly......

Some mom's I know put pictures up of the cute decorations and fun they were going to do with their kids on Valentines morning.....I was feeling guilty cause I hadn't planned anything. So I had to come up with something quick. The gel 'I heart you' was going to go on the mirror after I cleaned the bathroom to surprise Robert in the morning, but I never cleaned them! So I had to improvise. They ended up on the fridge. Incidentally, the kids love them and have been calling them jello, like jigglers. :)
Heart shaped toast for breakfast......they'll never know I didn't think of it until that morning!

Food is so much more fun to eat when it's a novelty!

As it happens on every holiday, I have nothing planned and then start thinking of great ideas I would do, so I have to run out and buy a bunch of stuff, and then, we don't even have time to do it!
For, V-day I imagined a clean house (not by my hand!), activities with the kids (sugar cookies, jello jigglers, and rice krispy kisses),a nice kid free homemade dinner (knock off Olive Garden soup, and lionhouse rolls), mini chocolate bundt cakes with cream cheese icing, and a beautiful V-Day decorated table. A tall order, as you can see. I went and bought everything I needed to make a magical day and rice krispies was as far as it got!
Oh well, kids were happy. Perhaps, I will do my grand Valentines later this week......right after I get more sausage from the store cause Robert cooked and fed the one I needed for the soup to the kids.....

at least a messy Valentine's Day has motivated me to clean up the house...

There!
Now, I don't have to do laundry for another month!
P.S. My kids have way too many PJs!
Okay, maybe way to many everything......


2 comments:

Humes Family said...

Holy Cow!! I wish I could go a month with out doing laundry....where do you store all those clothes?

Allison said...

I made heart-shaped pb&j sandwiches for my kids and weston wouldn't even eat it because it looked different than normal. You are very ambitious, my friend :)