I cooked up some sweet potato french fries tonight and tried to convince my kids to eat them. I didn't think it would be a problem, they are french fries after all. Nathan had a tiny taste and declared that he did not like them. In my effort to persuade him I emphasized the fact that they are french fries. "But they're french fries, who doesn't want to eat orange french fries?"
His reply?
"Me."
End of conversation.
That's what I get for asking.
His simple stated realism reminds me of another funny Nathan story that must be blogged for posterity.
Last year at Nathan's annual check up he had a funny conversation with the doctor. Nathan LOVES Star Wars and was wearing his Star Wars shirt to the doctor. I specially picked it out in hopes that he would be brave for the shot he had to get. The doctor noticed his shirt right away and tried to engage him,
"Oh, you like Star Wars?"
"Yeah."
"Which one are you? Are you a Jedi?"
"No."
"Are you a padawan...?"
"No, I'm just a kid who likes Star Wars."
What you don't get was how it sounded. It was the funniest thing ever. He totally punked the doctor. He said it like he thought the doctor was crazy for even suggesting such an incredulous thing.
It.was.awesome.
His reply?
"Me."
End of conversation.
That's what I get for asking.
His simple stated realism reminds me of another funny Nathan story that must be blogged for posterity.
Last year at Nathan's annual check up he had a funny conversation with the doctor. Nathan LOVES Star Wars and was wearing his Star Wars shirt to the doctor. I specially picked it out in hopes that he would be brave for the shot he had to get. The doctor noticed his shirt right away and tried to engage him,
"Oh, you like Star Wars?"
"Yeah."
"Which one are you? Are you a Jedi?"
"No."
"Are you a padawan...?"
"No, I'm just a kid who likes Star Wars."
What you don't get was how it sounded. It was the funniest thing ever. He totally punked the doctor. He said it like he thought the doctor was crazy for even suggesting such an incredulous thing.
It.was.awesome.

2 comments:
Love it! Your family is so cute. Seems like you are handling 3 just fine...what an amazing woman!!!!
I too tried to give my kids sweet potato fries this week. They were Great! I couldn't stop eating them. Abby just kept looking at them and wouldn't even try one. Ben was brave and took one bite and then told me they taste like "dirt". Crazy kids don't know what they're missing.
Post a Comment