-Your baby will wake up at all hours of the night due to her crazy, unpredictable schedule.
-Consequently, you will wake up at all hours of the night.
You will also obsessively check on your visitor to make sure he is keeping to himself.
(I am seriously getting anxiety just looking at the pictures again. I have spider issues.)
-Never rely on your hotel for shampoo & conditioner, you will regret not packing your own.
-Nathan would rather play with mama in the hotel wading pool, than go in the ocean where "a big wave is gonna get me".
-Vacations are exhausting. Nathan missed one the best meals I've ever eaten, the chicken and mango quesadilla at the Guadalajara in Old Town. Yum!
The best part about San Diego is not the beach, it is the food! One place we have to go to every time we go to San Diego is the Cafe Coyote in Old Town.
What is a cheese crisp? Only the best culinary invention EVER!
It's a crispy, flaky, tortilla topped with tons of melted cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and jalapenos, and it is SOOOO good! This is the reason I came to San Diego! And the reason I am ready to go back at the drop of a hat!
So the trip ended with a proper farewell of scarfing all that cheese crispy goodness on our way out of town.......
until Nathan got sick and barfed up more than his little belly could hold. Environmentalists everywhere would gasp in horror at the amount of baby wipes littering the highway.
-Garanimals (at Walmart) are worth every penny.
Not only are they comfy and cute, but they are cheap! Because they are so cheap, you won't feel bad (much to the environmentalists dismay) for leaving the puke soaked shorts you bought for 2.50 on the side of the road.
Don't judge, I'm not usually such a litterbug, but in this case, if it weren't for child safety laws, I'd have considered leaving his carseat on the side of the road, too!
The last and most important thing I learned on vacation.....
-Book a hotel next to your favorite place to eat.
Next time, I will have cheese crisps and chicken mango quesadillas for everymeal!

2 comments:
Ok, I think I just gained 5 pounds just LOOKING at that cheese crisp thing. That is weight watchers worst nightmare for me cause it looks so inviting with all it's cheesy yumminess and then it would attack my rear end with a vengance. Glad you got to visit your favorite place at least. :)
First off let me just say I am so excited you are now blogging! Secondly I was laughing my butt off through out you last post..and the one before...and the one before that. Those pants Laila had on were so cute!! And I loved the picture of Nathan on the blow up lobster that totally cracked me up!!
Post a Comment