While mom is away, the kids will play...and all manner of destructive behavior they can possibly imagine during moments without supervision. This is why everyday is a struggle for mom's everywhere to pick the priority of getting a shower or save the house from certain disaster. Take a shower while the baby is sleeping, you say? Well, this baby is sleeping in a crib in my room because there is just no other place for her at this moment. As any mother knows, you try to sneak past your sleeping baby, and inevitably they will pop up, wide awake and insist on being let out.
So, yesterday I took a little risk...a shower....and here are the effects of that risk...certain disaster.....
So, yesterday I took a little risk...a shower....and here are the effects of that risk...certain disaster.....
a switch plate in our closet...she had to throw clothes on the floor and climb up on a file box to get to this one, in the process getting some lipstick on those clothes, too...
and the shoe rack in the closet.....feel like you've just witnessed the photos of a crime scene?You have! My lipstick was murdered!
and here is the suspect...trying to wash off the evidence...I called in reinforcements (grandma) to help clean up the crime scene, and while we were both on hands and knees scrubbing the carpet, the suspect returned to the crime scene, grabbed a permanent marker out of a drawer she shouldn't be able to reach and left graffiti on the refrigerator.
Sadly, the lipstick was laid to rest yesterday afternoon.
This was not her first offense and I am sure it won't be her last...
Investigator, clean up crew, enforcer....just a few of the many hats we wear as mothers!
Case closed!
Seriously, though, blogging saves her life....cause today it is funny, yesterday...not so much...unless you are daddy, cause he thought it was hilarious!


10 comments:
Jack doesn't seem to get the memo about cupboards that are baby proofed either! He manages to squeeze his skinny arms in and grab most anything he wants! Kids are such stinkers!!!
laila you rascal! that is so funny she continued with the shenanagens while you were cleaning up the lipstick.
I totally get the part about sneaking in a shower while the baby is asleep, Hailey has some kind of radar that wakes her up as soon as the idea pops in my head.
man shes fast!!
Wow...I mean just.... wow! Glad I'm thousands of miles away or I'd be cleaning up right along with you. :)
Laila- Aren't you a little young for makeup- and prison? No fruit snacks for you today!
-Auntie Lissa
Those things are more parent proof than they are baby proof. She looked like she must have had a good time. I thought it was hysterical, but its not my kid so I could imagine your horror when you got out out of the shower only to find lipstick everywhere. She was very thorough.
Oh my gosh you were not kidding! She is gonna be a handful!!!
I just love little girls! I'm glad you were able to have your mom come and help you. I am also glad that Kalie is not the only stinker
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! That totally sucks!
When I first opened your blog and glanced at the top pic I thought "OH NO! What happened to Laila? She is all bruised!!!" So I'm glad it's just lipstick and not a beating for her previous paths of destruction! (totally kidding about thinking you beat your child. Totally.)
You better guard your phone. She may drop it in a cup of water. Wait. What??
LOL, it was SO not funny when you were telling me about her path of Destruction but your way of blogging about it is hilarious and the fact that she still continued to be a little stinker while you were already cleaning up her previous mess! Glad your mom came to help you clean up.
Post a Comment