
This title comes from the Backyardigans.....my kids are watching an episode about vikings sailing through the sea who run into a mermaid. It happens to be my favorite episode because the mermaid sings a song with that line in it.
In other completely relevant news....here is a little known fact about me. One of my favorite things is opening a brand new jar of Jif- I am a peanut butter snob, this is the only kind I buy- and carving my initial in the top.
There was actually a situation once where someone (Robert) opened a jar and carved an "R" in it, just to get me.
Thankfully, my family is nicer to me than Robert is. They usually make an announcement and pass the jar to me, if I happen to be there when a new jar is being opened.
There was actually a situation once where someone (Robert) opened a jar and carved an "R" in it, just to get me.
Thankfully, my family is nicer to me than Robert is. They usually make an announcement and pass the jar to me, if I happen to be there when a new jar is being opened.
How often do you get to open a new jar of peanut butter? This is an important event!
Now that my secret obsession is out, maybe you will no longer take this opportunity for granted.
Now that my secret obsession is out, maybe you will no longer take this opportunity for granted.

9 comments:
I already knew about your peanut butter carving, but I'm not sure I know if you are a creamy or crunchy fan. We prefer crunchy, and it has to be Jif. Although when Heather lived at home we bought both kinds since her favorite was creamy.
Amanda, I must confess I've going to your website this month just to hear Celtic Thunder, gotta love it!
ooh that is a simple pleasure in life. i'm going to go eat some peanut butter right now.
If only Nathan could eat peanut butter you would go through it more! Both Brad and Riley are peanut butter boys! But, Brad had crunchy and Riley has smooth. We go through a lot!
I only buy JIF 2! nothing else will do... I'm the same way! (creamy!)
YUMMY Jif!! Nothing better. I did know about your funny peanut butter tradition. Still makes me laugh though. :) You and your funny quirks. Gotta love ya!
I must be a Peanut butter snob too cause I get very cranky if forced to eat any brand but Jif
Only Jif for me too but my odd confession is that I also carve an "A" in the top of my peanut butter in your honor. :)
LOL- lis, I love it!
Post a Comment