Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I can't concentrate on coming up with a title with that picture of Edward staring me in the face...


So, I haven't posted anything in a while because I have recently been in the "Twilight" zone, AGAIN! 'Nuff said, right?

But, here is what we have been up to lately......
Potty training, which has its setbacks....(I didn't know it was possible to put shorts on THAT wrong!)

and its rewards!

Laila has shown all who will observe (in a restaurant, with friends from out of town) what good manners she has....

That slightly unrecognizable clump of food stuffed into my TV is piece of a Pop Tart. Take a wild guess who that came courtesy of?

I think this is what happens when kids watch too much TV. Their minds have been turned to mush so they throw blankets over their heads and run around.

after having his mind numbed from the TV, we had to fit in extra book time where possible...
(I am proud to say that after more bribery, Nathan has graduated to the big potty, but, it is still a work in progress. At this point he is only 'home' potty trained.)

and trying out our first real hairdo!

Literally!

8 comments:

McKinna said...

cute pics! we were just going thru the same thing-- potty training! it does get better! I thought our day would NEVER come. we bribed him with SO much, but just had to wait till he was ready. (and I purposly ran out of diapers!) ;)

Megan Hedrick said...

I'm so jealous that Nathan is getting to be potty trained.. I dream of the day when Kalie is! And I've been reading a different series right now and Twilight is sitting on my shelf, calling my name. I can't seem to get over it.

Shelly Benson said...

Darn the picture of Edward didn't show up on my computer - I tried clicking on it and it said "Forbidden" which made me want to see it even more.

I'm scared for potty training, but it sounds like you are handling it well - good job!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOVE the picture of Edward! Thanks for that and I am back in the "Twilight" zone myself! Just restarted the book tonight. YAY! I LOVE the picture and caption of the kids with blankets on their heads, the poptart TV, Laila's first hair-do, Nathan on the potty..etc. GREAT Post and totally made me laugh...think I pulled something laughing at this one too!

birmingham family said...

Cute pics, although I couldn't see the Edward one either! Laila's hair is so cute in pigtails! My sister has a neat website she goes to get hair ideas....I will ask for you since I do not need to know it! ;)
I swear, our kids are not gonna like us when they are older for taking pictures of them potty training! So happy for you that Nathan is doing it! It is the best day ever when you can lighten your diaper bag!

Amanda said...

I tried a new Edward picture because the other stopped working for me as well. Boo!

Allison said...

Ahh - there's Edward now :)

thegatewoodfamily said...

first off that picture of Edward is... simply amazing lol. Secondly good luck with the potty training thing, I am not looking forward to that day. I love the little hairdo you did on Laila, I hope Bindi gets hair someday.